Most of the world is back from their summer vacations and the investment world is starting to speed up again. Here are 8 things I am watching in this 37th week that are sure to impact the markets:
- In general, crypto has been behaving more like a stablecoin with super low vola. I am not sure if this will continue. There is a Death Cross looming on Bitcoin, potentially kicking it down another 50%, and a Golden Cross looming on DXY, potentially making it hard for any USD-denominated investment to do well. Still, I’m not trying to time the char, so I keep buying the dip on Defichain and Ethereum while staking them on Bake to get cashflow twice a day.
- Token2049 and OrdinalsSummit are in Singapore this week. The Formula 1 is here too, so it will be super crazy with events and meetings in general.
- On Monday, DeFiChain special DFIPs will start, which will drive a lot of rewards for liquidity mining and increase the utility of $DFI. If you want to benefit from this, Bake is running a zero fee promo for it!
- Also on Monday, BitMEX is launching a perpetual for #DFI with 4x leverage. So if you’re super bullish, this is your way in!
- Wednesday is Apple’s 1 Wonderlust event: They’re expected to launch the new iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, and Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2, among other devices and accessories. Since I haven’t gotten a new phone in over 2 years, it will be my turn to support my own Apple stock.
- Also on Wednesday, we will get the US inflation numbers: The CPI is expected to have risen 0.4% last month, which would be the fastest monthly increase since January. On an annual basis, consumer prices probably rose 3.4%, accelerating from July’s 3.2% rate. The core CPI, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, probably rose 0.2% m/m or 4.3% y/y, slowing from 4.7% in July. This would be the smallest annual increase in two years.
- On top of that, FTX may start their sell-off of billions of USD in crypto assets, such as Bitcoin, Solana and many more, at a rate of 200 million USD per week, on Wednesday. This could be quite painful for these coins, fingers crossed it is not!
- Last but not least, Europe is making an interest rate decision on Thursday: they’re expected to hold rates steady after raising them nine times in a row since last summer. The ECB has been raising rates aggressively since last year in an effort to tame inflation, raising its benchmark deposit facility rate from a record low of -0.5% to 3.75% – the highest since 2001.
It is definitely not going to be a boring week!
What are you watching?
Stay up-to-date on the latest crypto developments
If you found this insightful and want to stay informed on the latest developments, consider subscribing to my newsletter. Join nearly 2 million others who rely on our updates to navigate the ever-evolving world of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology: https://ceonews.bake.io